Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Friends

Last night I was reading a friends blog. It brought back many memories. She was blogging about her first born's birth story. She and I were pregnant at the same time. We became friends during this time. We learnt alot about babies together. We did a whole lot of shopping for our nurserys. She even came with me to an ultra sound, since our husbands were deployed.

Even though it has been about 3 years since we have seen eachother, I still think of her as one of my closest friends. I value her friendship.

Ithink of what the army has brought me. Friends. As a army wife you learn to make friends quickly. Some that you leave behind when you move on, but a few handful I believe that I will have for the rest of my life. I am thankful today for all of my friends. I know my life wouldn't be the same without you.

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Army friends are the best! Always there when you need them.
Okay, not that other friends aren't always there...but there's just something unique about the friendships that the Army forms.

I'm glad to call you one of mine! :)

Burgh Baby said...

Military friends are a special breed. You know you can count on them no matter what.