Friday, December 4, 2009

What a day

Yesterday's mood changed very quickly. I woke up early. My hip just didn't feel right. It felt like one of them was out of joint. I came downstairs to watch some TV so I wouldn't wake Kris with all my tossing and turning. Kyle decided to join me after about an hour. When Kris went to PT we headed upstairs, so see if we could get another hour of shut eye. I started to feel better. I got ready to go to a appt. in the hospital (my 4th of the week). Things went well at the hospital, I even got a really good parking spot.

I got Kyle and myself home, and this is when things changed. I wasn't feeling well so I put Kyle down for his nap 1/2 an hour early. I was about to take a nap myself. That's when the nights before dinner came up. I couldn't keep anything down for the rest of the day. Including water.

What was worse I couldn't remember when I last felt the baby move. I decided to lay down and track my movements. I hadn't felt the baby move in the next 2 hours. I decided that this warranted a trip to the hospital. Unfortunately Kris was sick himself, and we can't bring Kyle into the hospital unless he is the patient (new H1N1 restrictions). I drove myself into to the hospital, and started to freak out.

They had trouble finding the babies heart beat. My contractions were also only a minute apart a strong. We were able to find the babies heart beat. But the baby still wasn't moving. I got two bags of iv fluids and started to feel better. I still couldn't feel him move.

The doctor decided to do an ultrasound to see if he was moving, and I just couldn't feel it. They also were going to measure the amniotic fluid around the baby. All was looking good, but baby still wasn't moving. The doctor went out and brought in a sound machine, this worked well. I guess little baby boy doesn't like getting woken by loud sounds, but it worked well.

Almost five hours later, and I was feeling much better. I could feel the baby move. It was past midnight, and I was able to go home. All I wanted was to go to sleep.

Today I still don't feel 100%. I have been taking it easy. I have been able to hold things down. I haven't tried very much. I am very much ready to have the baby now. Tossing and turning with the beach ball in front of me has gotten old. Thank goodness its not much longer. If this baby doesn't come sooner they have decided to induce me in 13 days. Whoo hoo.

6 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Oh Elena! What a day is right! Sooo scary...but I'm glad that the little guy was finally aroused. I hope you are feeling better when you read this. Being sick is awful...sick and pregnant is just terrible!
I'll be looking for an anouncement soon!! Prayers for a smooth labor and delivery and a healthy baby and mama.

The Leivas said...

How scary! I'm glad that everything is better but that must have been terrifying! Praying for you to get some peaceful rest tonight!

Cori said...

Oh wow, that is so scary! I'm glad everything is alright with the baby. How exciting that you'll be holding him soon.

Charlotte said...

Wow, Now That was scary! I can't imagine how you must have felt.

I hope your feeling better and that this baby doesn't dilly dally much longer. I will keep you both in my prayers over the next several days.

Blessings,
Charlotte

Charlotte said...

Hi Elena, I hope your doing better today? This morning I posted on a sweet Christmas Lullaby titled "Golden Cradle" that you might enjoy listening too. I thought is was sweet! Feel better.

Hugs,
Charlotte

http://pixtalpeep.blogspot.com/2009/12/golden-cradle.html

Anita J. said...

I just read this! I haven't read blogs in forever. I hope you are doing well now, Elena.