Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thank You

Thank you for you thoughts and prayers towards Mck Mama, and her unborn baby. Today they were given 50/50 odds of their baby surviving. So much better than the 5% that they had a few days ago. Reading her story over the past few days has made me realise just how lucky I really am. I am thankful for all the great things that I have in my life. I have never had to go thru a similar situation, and hopefully I never will. I don't know if I would have the same strength that this poor mom has.

I am very lucky. I have my health, my son is healthy, and so is my husband. Yes he is deployed for the third time, but he is healthy and he loves me. That is one thing in my life that I have never questioned. Our relationship is strong. We have over the past few years made sure that we value the time that we have together, and don't wallow about the time that we are forced apart.

Last night when I was cleaning our kitchen (I like to clean when Kyle is asleep) I was thinking about the negatives and positives about Kris being deployed. Last night I was really jumpy. This isn't like me at all. But over the past week we have had a bear roaming the neighborhood. It's only a Small bear I hear. I fortunately have not sighted it yet. But it did leave someones trash all over my front yard the other morning. So this is obviously a negative. With Kris at home I would have felt alot safer, and not so jumpy. But last night my one positive was that sometimes when I am feeding the pets I just throw the empty cans in the sink until I clean the kitchen. Kris hates this with a passion, and probably yells at me about it everyday that he is home. But since he is deployed I can do it and not get yelled at. It has been kinda nice. So that's my one positive. I can have all my bad habits and not annoy anyone.

So I think I have rambled on for long enough. Have a great day. Enjoy Margarita Wednesday. If you want the recipe that we use for our Margarita, it is posted over at the ramblings of h-bomb. Link in my blog roll.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

I'll be praying for the little unborn baby and her family. I couldn't imagine how horrible that must be.

OMG about the bear! Yikes. Be careful and be on alert.