Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Verdict

So I guess we still have no real idea on what we think this baby is going to be. The poll results were 50/50 boy girl. Also there were two votes for don't find out. I still haven't decided on whether or not I will, but we still have a little less than 6 weeks until my next ultrasound, so I have time to decide.

On other topics, Kris and I had a crazy weekend. After work on Friday, we drove the six plus hours to get to his mothers house. We spent the night. Socialized a little, got some sleep. Had breakfast and were back on the road, towards KC. On the way we stopped in a little town of Abeline and ate awesome fried chicken, at a place called Brookeville Hotel. If you are ever driving thru Kansas you should stop there. Its the best fried chicken diner ever. I also love their coleslaw. Kris doesn't like regular coleslaw and even he likes this stuff. The meal is also served with creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, cottage cheese, and other condiments. Ice cream is also served if you left room for it.

Anyway We made it to KCMO for a wedding of a childhood friend of Kris'. This was very exciting for him, to be able to catch up with old friends. Any wedding that we are able to attend while he is home, we do.

So Sunday we started our almost 10 hour drive back here to CO. We stopped back in his home town to have lunch with his dad for Fathers day. Also to pick up Kyle who was being babysat for the night by his Mima. By the time we got home on Sunday night none of us really wanted to do anything. I am sick of being in the car. I have been avoiding anything longer than a 5 minute car trip all week.

One other thing this road trip made me thankful for is dry heat. I forgot just how humid it gets in Kansas. I swear it feels like a 20 -30 degree deference between our two states.
I LOVE DRY HEAT!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Oh my goodness! I don't want to get in a car for you! What a weekend. What great friends you are to make the trip.

Anita J. said...

Hey Jenna Cox (Quirkie Bird lady) had the tech write it on a card and seal it in an envelope. They opened it on their anniversary. You could have them seal it and not open if you never decide you want to know.

BTW, I'm working on a guess. My first instinct was girl...