Friday, July 17, 2009

Emotional

So I think my pregnancy hormones are getting to me. Last night when I couldn't sleep I started watching the MTV show 16 and Pregnant. I have watched episodes of this show before, and generally these couples are just a train wreck. What I would generally expect out of a teenage couple. The episode last night was different. They actually seemed to care about each other. They cared for the baby. They decided that their baby would be better off growing up with adoptive parents.

I can't imagine how hard of a decision this would be. They picked the parents. I don't know how you go about doing this. How do you choose who is going to raise your child for the rest of their lives. Ok, so you get the drift, but why I am blogging is I was balling my eyes out. When she handed the baby over to the new parents I totally lost it. I felt like it was me giving away my baby. I couldn't imagine the pain these kids were going thru.

I am so glad that Kris didn't wake up during this. I don't know how I could explain why I was crying over an MTV show. Except that I am just emotional these days.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, I was the exact same way! I was a sobbing mess! I haven't cried that hard in a long, long time.

Michelle said...

I watched the re-run of this episode. Although I do not have kids, it got to me as well. I do have a niece and nephew that are very close to me. I'm assuming that is why it got to me. I couldn't imagine doing that.

KG said...

I can't watch any kind of baby show while pregnant. The kind where people give birth to babies, the kind where babies are sick ... nothing like that. There's no way I could watch an adoption one (I was adopted myself).