Friday, July 24, 2009

intelligender

So this week I have been getting antsy about what the gender is of this new baby. I decided to go out and purchase a product that I first heard about from my sister in law.

It's kinda gross, but you collect a urine sample, put the required amount in the jar, swivel it around and wait ten minutes. It is suppose to change your pee green if your having a boy, and orange if your having a girl. I never really wanted to watch my pee for this long any time in life.

So I did it, and I don't think that I am ready to share the results with you guys just yet. We are going to find out during our ultrasound in two weeks what they say the baby is. Maybe then I will share the results.

I just wanted to let you guys know that there is this test out there, since I have many pregnant friends, who might want to try this test too. The accuracy rates are supposedly 90% in the lab, and 82% in the field. From other stuff I have read on the Internet, people are saying it is 50%. So just do it for fun.

If the test is correct, I am excited. If not I will be excited too.

4 comments:

Anita J. said...

Ooh! I bet it said girl!! I'm looking forward to finding out!

Cori said...

You're such a tease! ;)

The Leivas said...

I was excited that you were going to wait to find out and now I'm just as excited that you're going to know in just a few weeks. I guess babies are just exciting either way! Can't wait for more news!

Kelli said...

Either way that is exciting! I have also heard that test is about 50% but you're right it is fun anyway!
I would say the odds are in your favor for a girl - because seriously how many boys can one family have in a row?