Thursday, March 25, 2010

So Hard.

So I am missing Kris pretty bad. I haven't heard from him since he landed in Kuwait. Its hard when I am hearing from some of my friends that they are hearing from their husbands everyday. I know they are excited to hear from them and want to share the news, but sometimes I wish that they would keep it to themselves. I want to hear from him so badly, when they tell me that they have been hearing from their husbands and then ask if I have heard from Kris, it hurts when I have to say no. I have one friend that keeps on pestering me on why I think he hasn't called. I want to just burst out in tears. I wish she would just drop it. How do let her know that I just don't want to talk about it?

Also since I am the FRG (family readiness group) leader, I have been fielding the calls from other wives that they haven't heard from their husbands. What do they really think that I can do about it? Do people think that I can just call up my own husband and get theirs to call them? I am in the same exact boat as they are. If truth be told my husband probably has less down time then theirs.

Sorry for my rant. I just need to get that off of my chest. Let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can deal with the other wives. I know that a couple of you have been in my position before.

4 comments:

Cori said...

I'm sorry! I can't even imagine how hard that must be. *hugs*

Carolina Girl said...

Hey Elena! I remember this soooo well! When Brian was in command, he just didn't have as much time to call (not to say that the other guys aren't busy too, but he just was swamped with stuff) and he also wanted to make sure that everyone else was getting a chance to call and he would take the leftovers, which sucks for us, but also attests to his character.

Know that Kris loves you and the boys so much and that he WILL call as soon as he can and as often as he can. But, be honest with him, let him know you need to hear from him. He knows you're a strong lady and so he might think you don't need to hear from as much as others. I had to tell that to B-man a couple of times. You don't have to yell, just gently let him know.:)

As far as the other wives...that's a real hard one. You can make a list of stuff you need to tell Kris about the families in your unit so that when he calls, just run down the list and get it over with so you don't spend too much of your time on those issues. Hopefully once they get email, you can use email for those types of things and keep the phone calls to yourself!

You have to put on a brave face too about hearing about calls from other wives...you probably have a good buddy there that you can confide in when no one else is around, so talk to her about those things or give me a call! Even with the best of intentions though, it can all be a bit much, so if you have a bad day and it's all piling up on you, that's OKAY! On that day...eat icecream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

miss you friend! i hope this helps!

Kelli said...

I don't have any advice to offer but my heart goes out to you. I am praying for your family everyday. I hope you get to talk to Kris soon.

Room to Think said...

hi,i found your blog by being "adventurous' and clicking the 'Next Blog' button on the top.

just wanted to say you are incredibly brave and strong and that i am praying for you and your family - for strength, wisdom, peace and grace for people who are insensitive towards you.

jos