Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fast


So I thought that I will elabrate first on what I consider the biggest thing that has happend in the past year. The Birth of our third boy Lucas.
He was born on the 29th of August this year, one week over due. We decided not to find out his gender while pregnant, so Kris keep on joking that he had to be a girl since he was late. I have come to the conclusion that I am not meant to have girls.
So at lunch that day I started to have contractions, I wasn't too concerned as I had been getting them on and off for a few weeks, they would start and then go away. While sitting there I noticed that they were pretty close together, so I started timing them. 3 and 1/2 minutes apart. After I decided that they were not going away (in less than 1/2 an hour) I told Kris to hurry up and finish his lunch. He jokingly asked why was I in labor and I said yes. He asked if we needed to go straight to the hospital, I said no since it hadn't been a hour of contractions yet, But I wanted to go home and lay down. This was probaly a big mistake. As soon as we got home I decided it couldn't wait any longer we grabbed my bag and drove to the hospital. We decided we didn't have time to park the car, we left it in the middle of the street, handed our keys to the valet and headed upstairs.
The nurses got me straight into a room, started hooking me up to machines, and decided to check me. I was 9 cm dilated. They called in the doctor on the floor, he checked me and I was 10.5 cm dilated. They started getting suited up, and told me it was time to go. At this stage I started to panic. It was never my plan to have this baby naturally. I wanted my epidural. I wasn't going to get it.
The doctor broke my water, and told me to push. 4 minutes later, baby Lucas was here. Weighing in at 10 lbs 7oz and 21 inches long. I was so glad it went quickly and that it was over. I am also very thankful that we made it to the hospital in time, and that both of us are healthy.

No comments: