Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gone

Well Kris is gone. He left early this morning. This was really hard for many reasons. And not necessarily in this order.

1. We got used to having him home again.

2. We had to get up early, if you know me at all you know I'm a sleeper.

3. Saying good bye yet again.

4. Watching him have to say good bye to Kyle.

5. Watching him go down the ramp onto the plane (if your a military family member they give you a pass so you can go thru security to see your family member off).

6. When crying at the airport, and having all sorts of strangers stare at you when you you are trying to say good bye.

7. Having you two year old wipe away your tears.

8. Watching your two year old say and wave good bye to Daddy. This is the first time that Kyle has really been able to verbalise good bye, and I am sure the first time that he will really notice that Daddy's gone.

9. Coming home to an empty house.

So I ask that you pray for all the military families that will be without the ones that they love during the holidays. And to remember to be thankful, that you are at home with yours. What we just experienced this morning is one of the toughest parts of deployments. Being separated form the ones you love. I would also like to thank all of those families who are going thru this same thing, or have been thru it. Your what makes this country great, and I am very thankful for my freedom that our service members are fighting for. Thank you very much.

3 comments:

Anita J. said...

Oh Elena. This brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for your sacrifice for our country. We are indebted to Kris, you, and Kyle, and to families like yours. Without you, we would not be America. I pray for God to be close to you as your heart aches for your husband and child.

Carolina Girl said...

Oh Elena. My heart is breaking for you and Kyle because I only know how hard this is for you. Except I don't...b/c now you have Kyle who also has to say goodbye. I haven't had to do that yet. I get teary eyed thinking about what you said, "my 2 year old wipinng away my tears". I love Anita J's prayer...for God to be so close to you. I pray that you feel His arms around you and I will continue to pray for God to walk before Kris and clear his path in Iraq.

HUGE hugs to you and Kyle.

Elena said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I am doing a little better tonight. Right after I wrote the post Kris called while he was in Dallas, and I teared up again. At least we are on the short end of it all. And S I hope you and Grady never have to say good Bye to B Man like that.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.