Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

So yesterday I hosted my first Thanksgiving meal. I personally didn't take any photos. So I stole that one from over at H Bombs blog. Thanks for taking pictures for me H.

Despite my Hubby being absent I had a great time. I didn't feel stressed at all with the cooking. My friends know that I love to do this kinda of stuff. And I usually don't let anyone bring anything, and I like to have my kitchen to myself.

I am very thankful for my good friends that I have made here. And they truly have become a second family. What would I do without you girls I do not know. I am so thankful that I wasn't alone all day. Even tho I did make a trip to Wally World, and the grocery store, cause I had forgotten things. Like who forgets to buy green beans for the green bean casserole? Me that's who, and I didn't realise it until Kyle was down for his nap, and we had already gone out once during the day. So I guess I am thankful for stores being open on public holidays too. Where I grew up stores would not have been open, and we would have had to go without green beans, and I would have ruined Thanksgiving dinner, with my poor preparation skills.

So over all I had a great day, I hope you all did too. Ohh and I want to know is there something weird that your family makes for Thanksgiving dinner that's fabulous, so I can steal the recipe for next year??? Please share.

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Glad to know that you had a house full yesterday. Everything looks yummy! We pretty much have the normal dishes for Thanksgiving. Although, this year I didn't cook and we only had dessert! :)

h-bomb said...

cheers to gooood company! i think we should all stay stationed here for 20 years. maybe i'll write obama about that ;)

Darlene said...

It all looks great. Sounds like you had a great day.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks :)

Anita J. said...

That table looks beautiful. Mine looked NOTHING like that. That is one fabulous display.