Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Duty Phone

Kris took command of his company on Friday. With that comes a cell phone called the duty phone that he is supposed to keep on him at all times so that if anything happens to one of the soldiers they can get in contact with him. Great idea. But I have already started to hate the duty phone. For the past two nights someone has drunk dialed the duty phone, at 4:30 am. Not for a ride home, but to invite the old commander out drinking. I guess all the soldiers haven't realised that the phone has passed hands already. So I already hate the duty phone, and we are only on day 3. I guess this will be a long two years.

4 comments:

Cori said...

Ugh, that stinks!

Carrie said...

That sounds like a big responsibility. Well, not answering the drunk dials but you know what I mean!

Carolina Girl said...

Oh Elena...I know how you feel. Command is awesome for the guys, but it comes with a lot of ugh for family life. But, you guys will handle it well, I'm sure. You're always laid back and seem to adjust well to changes. I'm sure you and Kris will handle command wonderfully. Just curious...are you the FRG leader? If so, I wish you the best!! :)

Carolina Girl said...

BTW, Kris's Mom included me in pics of the COC. Looks like it all went well and your house looks great! I'm so jealous that you already have the pictures and curtains up! See, you can handle anything!