Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Never Ever speak in a Elevator

So this is my note to myself. Never ever talk to strangers in an elevator. Yes usually I am that person that has no problem talking to strangers. But this weekend I learnt my lesson. My friend H was running a 10 K in Boulder. She asked me to go for moral support, I thought girls weekend, sure. So H books a hotel room for us in a hotel close to the race, with a spa attached. We check in, walk around o check out what the hotel has to offer. We notice all these people about with tags hanging from their necks, with a big C A on them. Its surrounded by a circle, and I read the word Faith off of one of them. I figure that its a christian group. H suggested that it was a singles weekend. So we hop into an elevator with one of the conference goers. I decided to be nosey and ask who is hosting the conference. He politely answers "cocaine anonymous". This is where I freak!!!! What am I supposed to say to that. Initially I thought that he was kidding, but later am reassured that he was serious. This was the most awkward elevator ride ever. Thankfully we didn't run into the same man again during our stay. So my advice to myself and all you out there is never ever talk to strangers in an elevator.

2 comments:

h-bomb said...

hahahah it was sooooo AAAAAAWKWARD!

Cori said...

Oops! LOL