Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gone.

Kris has finally left. IT was an emotional morning. Kris and I couldn't sleep very well and were up at 3 am. If you know me at all, you know this is very unusual. I could sleep all day. We tried to make the morning as normal as possible. But then the final calls to his family had to be made. After the phone call to his mother Kris asked me how I was holding up, fine until he asked me, and then the waterworks started. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to talk about it. Kris was sweet and made the family breakfast. Then we had to make the trip to HQ. When we got there there were already families there. You know what everyone is feeling, just by the look on their faces. Its not anything that you ever want to experience in you life. You have to say goodbye to the person that you love. And you know they are going to a dangerous place, and you don't know when the next time they will be able to contact you is. And you can't exactly contact them. And you know what month they are expected home, but not exactly when. It is a real uneasy feeling.

I don't know how much Kyle understands. He knows that Mommy and Daddy were crying this morning. He was able to tell his Daddy goodbye, but I don't think that he can comprehend that Daddy won't be here for a real long time.

So to all of you who want to know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and doing fine until someone asks. So please don't, because I am always on the verge of bursting into tears.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We need them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you and you family.
-Chris, Trace, & Braedyn

Carolina Girl said...

I know what you mean about holding it together until someone asks...I'm the same way. There's something about saying things out loud that brings on the tears. I'm glad that you had a family breakfast before Kris left and that you were able to spend the morning together. Kris,you, and Kyle will definitely be in our prayers. My prayer for Kris will be that God literally walks before him and clear Kris's path (this has been a prayer that has brought me peace in the past and I hope it does you too). Take care! Hugs from our end!!