Saturday, May 17, 2008

Leaving

So we just found out the actual date that Kris is leaving again. We knew it was coming, and we had a date range but some how this makes it more real. I am going thru a mix of emotions. I want to spend as much time together as possible with him. I want him to have fun and let go with his friends too. And most of all I want him to get in as much quality time with Kyle. I can't imagine what Kris must be going thru right now, knowing that he has to leave his son in less than a week and know that you won't see him for about 10 months. This is definitely the worst part of his job. I think about all the things that the two of them will miss. Kyle picks up new tricks and skills everyday, and Kris won't be here to share them with me.

Kris started to pack up all of his gear yesterday. It was hard to watch. I know that he hates doing it when when any of us are around. It started it while Kyle was taking a nap and I wasn't home. He can stand to see the looks on our faces. He even had to put Bella outside so he wouldn't have to see her face. I really don't know how you prepare yourself to go too war mentally. But the one thing that I do know, is that it affects everyone.

I ask you all for your thoughts and prayers for Kris safety, and speedy return over the next few months. Thanks for bearing with me thru all my random thoughts during this post. I'm just a little emotional. I hope you all have a great weekend, and enjoy you families.

5 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Elena
So sorry to hear that Kris will be leaving soon. He has been on my mind and I knew the time was probably coming near for him to go. You all will definitely be in our prayers. I too can't imagine how hard it will be for him to leave you and Kyle again and how hard it will be for you to go thru this yet again. We're here when you need us...just an email or phone call away. Enjoy the time you have left and tell Kris to be safe for us.

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

Elena,

Just reading your last post brought a tear to my eye - I can only imagine how hard it must be for you all. My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your family.

Take care

Darlene xxx

The Leivas said...

I'm so sorry to hear that he's leaving so soon. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers. I'll call you soon!

Carrie said...

Elena,
I will be thinking of your family often in the coming months. I will be praying for Kris' safe and speedy return to you and Kyle. Call me if you need to talk.