Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baby T's Room

Over the past two days I have been busy painting and taping off Baby T's room. I thought that I would share a few pictures of my stripy wall. I am pretty excited how it turned out. I am even more excited that I managed to keep Kyle out of the paint, so there is not blue paint all thru my house.

Just in case your wondering I only painted on stripes on the one wall. They are way to much work to do on all four. That's the wall where I plan on putting Baby T's crib. Then I plan on having his name in wooden letters above it.

Also pay no attention to the curtains these are the blackout curtains. I love blackout curtains. We have then in each room. I am a strong believer that you sleep so much better when its dark outside. Our upstairs is pretty bright when you don't have the blackout curtains on.



I did not manage to keep the cat out of the paint unfortunately. He was laying down on my drop cloth, and Kyle came over to pat him, and he rolled right over into the paint can lid. Thank goodness it was only a quart lid. I was also able to catch him before the grey paint made it self all over the house. I know he didn't enjoy it, but he ended up getting a sponge bath to get all the paint off of him.
Bella also didn't really enjoy the painting process. Since we moved here she has come to believe that this was her room. Every night she would sleep on the queen sized bed that we had in there. As you can see I cleared out the room before painting, as I think there is nothing worse than having to move furniture every time you reach a new wall.