Saturday, September 12, 2009

Instructions

Since a few of you asked here are some basic instructions on how to make your own playhouse.

I bought 6 yards of the blue fabric this was 45 " wide. 2 yards of the red. 2 yards of the brown. 1/2 a yard of the other colors. I know this sounds like a lot of fabric, but I bought all mine at walmart and it was less than $30.

  • Measure your card table. I have read that they come in different sizes. Mine is approximately 34" x 34" on the top. So I cut a 35" x 35" square out of the brown fabric.
  • Cut 8 sides (if you want it lined this is what I did 4 if you don't). Mine measured 35" x 30". Thats one extra inch the the actual measurement. This allows for a 1/4 " seam allowance.
  • Complete all your sides with whatever embellishments you would like. I don't have actual measurements for mine since I just winged it.
  • Sew your four sides together at the side seams.
  • Pin the roof on around the table so you can get a proper fit. Sew the sides onto the roof.
  • Sew your hem.
  • Enjoy.

Here is a link to the one that I originally found, if you would like another look. This one is more like a fort.

Thank you all for the feedback I got on the last post, but I will not be selling these on etsy. I think they are just way to much work to sell to strangers. I might make them for friends, if your really nice to me ;) . Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 comment:

Sew Much Ado said...

Hey thanks for linking to my post! Your playhouse is adorable! So much fun.