Friday, September 11, 2009

Play House

So this week I found some vague instructions on how to turn your card table into a play house. Kyle seemed really interested in it, and wouldn't let me navigate away from the page. So I decided that it would be worth a try.

It was a hit instantly. Even before I had actually started sewing anything. I cut out the top panel and the side ones, and pined them on the table he loved it then. During hi nap time I was able to finish the front panel with the front door. He loved it even more. The more I added the more he got excited. It was really motivating all the appreciation that I was getting.

So I cranked this puppy out in about 16 hours of work. I still want to add some more detail to it, but you get the idea.

I still want to add a name plate to the front of the house. And make some mail to put in and out of the mail box.
I have thought about adding a flower box under this window, or some flower pots, and flowers. We will see if this happens, since its probably on the bottom of my to do list right now.
Kyle makes you knock on his door before he talks to you if he's inside. Another fun game Kyle likes to play is the big bad wolf. One of his favorite books right now.

The shiny square above the fire place will hold a 8 x 10 picture of the family. I plan on printing one off today for him.
I plan on making some logs and fire for the fire place. I am thinking of putting some Velcro on the back of them, so he can choose to have a fire or not. I made the inside of the fire place felt, so that they would stick.
The plaid squares on the sides are pockets so he can store some stuff if he likes.



If you would like to make one for yourselves, I would be happy to let you know some more specifics like how much fabric you need, and how to get started. Just let me know.


5 comments:

Emily said...

That is so cute! What a great idea!

The Lord Family said...

Oh, please share the details! I've seen these around and my kids think they are so cool! I didn't really know where to start, though.
Yours is so wonderful. I love all the little details!

The Leivas said...

This is so adorable! I think you should sell these on etsy too!

Carolina Girl said...

Holy Moly!!! You rock!!!! This is awesome. I finally bought a sewing machine...but my stitches are horrible! lol
Ooh..selling on etsy is a great idea!

Life with boys... said...

Too cute, I cam to you via MckMama and your awesome gowns, but so would love directions on this one too!