Monday, June 14, 2010

Kansas

Last week we spent in Kansas visiting relatives. Many of our family had not yet met Joshua, so it was a good chance to show him off.

Who wouldn't want to meet this little guy? He got to meet his Great Grandparents that live in Kansas, and a couple of Great Aunts and Uncles. He is very much loved.

We also visited one of Kansas' Zoo's. I was surprised that it was free to enter. That I think is such an awesome thing. Its not a very large zoo. But for children to be able to come and see and learn about animals for free is awesome.

Josh went swimming for the first time. Kyle and I went down a water slide about a dozen times. When going down on our last trip, I was thinking to myself that I was having fun going down, but would have never gone down by myself. I am thankful that Kyle is still little enough to need me for somethings.

We also visited a farm, Kyle got to ride around on a lawn mower, climb on a tractor. He was in heaven.

One of my favorite things about visiting my husbands family is seeing the wind farms that are going up in Kansas. I like that they don't even remove the old windmills. There are a couple of old ones right next to the new ones. It's amazing to me to see the difference.

We ate out a lot. Some how I managed to gain 5 lbs. I don't really know how this is possible in a week, especially since I am still nursing. But oh well, I guess I will have to work harder to take it off again.

Even though our visit was good, I am happy to be home, and sleeping in our own beds. I still have to unpack, and clean my house. But its good to be home.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Baby Josh is adorable! I am sorry we haven't met him yet. I am glad you had a good trip and got back home safely. Hopefully, we will get to see you all again soon.

Anonymous said...

if you're ever in STL, the zoo is one of the tops in the world and is free, the science center which I recently found out is one of the tops in the country, is free too. I miss all the free stuff in STL!