Thursday, June 26, 2008

5 Weeks

So it has been five weeks since Kris left. I am coping just fine, but I miss him tons. I haven't heard much from him this deployment. Communications aren't as good. It really depends on what base they are stationed. Last deployment we were able to web cam almost every day. This time round we have only been able to do this once. Kyle kept on pointing to the screen and saying Dada. I know that he misses his dad too.The thing that get to me the most is when I catch Kyle holding a picture of him and just staring at it. Or when he brings me that picture and says Dada. I think that it is sad that he doesn't understand why he's not here anymore. Lets just hope and pray that the rest of the deployment goes quickly.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I am glad you and Kyle are doing well. I can't imagine how hard it is to not have good communication this time around. Is there a chance it will get better as time goes? It is sad to know Kyle doesn't really understand why Kris is gone. We are keeping you all in our prayers.

BTW are you still belly dancing? I loved that post.

Carolina Girl said...

That stinks that the communication isn't as good this time around. Hard to go from good commo last time to only 1 webcam session in 5 weeks. I can only imagine how tough it is to see Kyle missing his Dad.
Prayers that the days go by quickly!