Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Wirl Wind

So sorry for not posting recently. I spent a week in Kansas with the in laws. My first trip back in a long time. I hate doing that drive by myself. Kyle and I got to spend some quality time with his Mima and Papa. Then Kris' Aunt Dot and Paula came from Arizona to visit. We started drinking Margaritas, and then Brooke Kevin and Baby Ethan joined us. It was a full house.

Saturday started out with more relatives coming over for breakfast. Then Brooke, Kevin, Ethan, Kyle and I drove to Waldo Kansas. Yes we had a few "where's Waldo" jokes. None of us really knew where it was until we got there. To Celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of Kris' grandparents. There were a ton of relatives that I have never met. And probably alot of them I will never see again. 70 people attended the celebration lunch, and all were related some way or another. That's a pretty big family in my books.

We left early from that celebration so Brooke and I could make it back to Ellsworth to her baby shower. It was very nice. And she got alot of loot. Then Back to Cindy's for dinner. Are any of you tired just thinking about this.

Sunday we actually had a day of rest. Aunt Dot and Paula flew back to Arizona. And Kevin's Dad and girlfriend flew in. More entertaining.

On Monday Ethan was Baptised. In a very nice ceremony. Too bad Kyle wouldn't sit still. He kept on pew jumping. Thank goodness it was all family.

Tuesday I made the 6 1/2 hour drive home. Did I say how much I hate to drive it. I actually had pull over to take a nap since I found my head nodding. Better a nap in a rest stop then a rollover accident on the high way right?

Hope you all had a great week.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

Ok, I was wondering where you had been! The old FRG leader almost came back in me and I was about to hunt you down! :) Glad to hear that you were spending time with family. I know they just loved on you and Kyle. I hate driving through KS too...not enough to look at to keep you distracted on how much longer you have to go. Yes, safer to pull over and rest than risk and accident.