Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sad

So over this past weekend I have been pretty sad. Kris has been gone for almost a month. I miss him a whole ton. Somehow it seems worse on the weekends. During the week I know what to do with myself. I don't expect him to be here during the day, so it doesn't seem so bad. But during the weekends I seem to look for him more so. When I see happy families it makes it worse.

It makes me sad when I hear families squabble over the other one not doing enough. I think that we should all be grateful for the time that we can spend together. I heard the other weekend someone call their wife an absentee mother, because she slept in until 9am. Are you kidding me? She is a brand new mom and this was the longest that she had slept since she had the baby. Next time you go to complain about something like this (especially around a army mom that did the first six months by herself) be considerate.

I think that we should look at the positives, not the negatives. We should all remember to praise our spouse for something that they do for us every day. I believe that if we all try to do this then our culture will become less negative overall. It makes me sad to think about how quick we are to point out the negatives, and not the positives.

I want to challenge you all not to complain about anything for just one day. See how long it takes you make it thru one day. Then try it for a week. Your outlook on life will change.

One thing that living thru my husband being deployed that I can be thankful for is, that it made me less selfish. I have learnt not to take little things for granted. It has made me appreciate the things that Kris does for me on a daily basis. And the sacrifice that he makes for me, while he is away from our family. I know now that I love him more now, then on our wedding day. And I believe that over the next decades that our love will grow stronger still.

I'm sorry if this post really makes no sense. I know i rambled quite a bit. But it makes me sad when we don't appreciate what we have while we have it.

2 comments:

Shirts Plus said...

Elena- hang in there! It will go fast, I promise. We just need to get busy and see each other more. My step mom and her two kids get here on Friday. We are going to do some kid friendly events if you want to join us. I don't know what we will do yet- maybe the zoo or one of those indoor play places. I will do what you say and try not to complain today. I swear, I will try! Call me sometime before the weekend.

Carolina Girl said...

You're so right. Although I've been through deployments and the distance and the fear of separation, I find myself taking B for granted. I will make sure I'm outwardly grateful and thankful for the actions he takes on behalf of our family. I will also take time to truly be present with him instead of thinking of the laundry list of things I need to do while G sleeps.

So true are your words about negativity also. If we just tried to look at things in a positive light, our entire outlook on life would improve. I truly believe this.

I accept your challenge! One day of no complaining, leading to a lifetime of gratitude and thanksgiving! Thanks for reminding me!