Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crazy Cat Wednesdays

OK so I am back to crazy cat Wednesdays. I know I haven't written one in the past two weeks. And I am truly sorry for that. H you won't have to give me grief this week about it.

So a couple of weeks after Crazy Cats toe amputation healed, he started going out side once more. This made him a really happy cat. Until one night.

I was home coloring my hair, Kris was out in the Field, and Kyle was asleep in his crib up stairs. Ding Dong. The door bell rings. I look at the clock 10 pm. That's really weird. I think to myself. Who would be ringing my doorbell at this hour.

A woman that I didn't recognise. holding something about the size of a cat wrapped up in a towel. She asks me if I own a cat. My heart sinks. Thinking that she hit Crazy cat with her car.

Boy was I wrong.

I say yes, and then she proceeds to tell me that our cats got into a fight. Then lifts up the towel, and shows me her cats wound. No I don't have a photo of it, so you don't have to worry about seeing that. But there is a flap of fur missing about the size of my palm. part was still attached, but it looked really bad.

My first thoughts were oh my gosh. What are you doing on my doorstep, why aren't you on your way to the vets? But she continues to stand there and tell me the story.

Her cat who is 14 years old was asleep in its cage, in her garage, that she keeps cracked, so it can go out potty. My cat wanders in and corners her cat and by the look of this wound is trying to kill her cat. Oh and by the way her cat is declawed, so it had no way of defending itself.

I tell the woman to get going to the vet, and that I was very sorry, and that she should bring me the bill (I found out later, that it is Colorado law that you pay for all damage that your pets inflict on others. But that's not why I did it. I felt like it was the right thing to do). Little did I know that it would cost over $700.00. That was a nice expense to tell Kris about when he got out of the field. Crazy Cats amputation didn't even cost that much.

I decide to go out side into the neighborhood to find Crazy Cat, and bring him inside. So I could check him out myself, and so he couldn't get into more trouble. Well the son of a gun didn't even have a scratch on him. Or should I say bit mark, since the other cat didn't have claws.

So I write her a check a few days later, apologise and pray that it is the end of the saga.

About a week later I am walking Bella, with Kyle and Kris thru our neighborhood. She is doing the same with her dog. And what happens, the dogs are sniffy each other, her dog nips a little, and Bella goes in for a bite on the nose. Thank goodness I see this happen, and am able to pull her back a little, so that dog didn't get the full force of my 150lbs dog. It did get a gash against its nose. I couldn't believe it. The same woman. I thing my pets were sensing some sort of evil coming off of her. Thankfully I wasn't anything serious, and we didn't have to see her much longer, as we moved a few months later.

I was nervous when we moved back into this neighborhood. She was still here, but moved about a month after we moved back in. Lets just hope that our paths don't cross again.

Well if you stuck with me thru that whole story, your a trooper. I promise that next weeks Crazy Cat Wednesday won't be as long. And have a wonderful Wednesday. Maybe even have a Margarita, in celebration that we have made it to hump day.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Your cat is crazy! I still think of her/him (I can't remember boy or girl) as being the sweet little crazy kitten that Lacy loved to play with when we visited you.

Carolina Girl said...

I remember that! Those encounters are ALWAYS tough, especially with neighbors your bound to see again and again.

Anita J. said...

Poor Elena. Ugh. Maybe she was evil and your Wonder Pets were protecting the world. I bet she thought you were evil (unless she added pain and suffering to the vet bill, then she probably forgave you a little bit).