Monday, April 6, 2009

As promised

So as I promised last week I will tell you all about our trip to Vegas. First I will tell you that it was wonderful, and we had a great time.

We drove down to AZ first to visit with Kris Mom and Step Dad who were wintering down there. We had a great couple of days with them. We went to a Spring training game. Kris told us that that was the one thing that he wanted to do in AZ. We took Kyle swimming. He is such a water baby. He never wants to get out of the water. I don't know who he got that from. ;)

Friday morning Kris and I drove ourselves to the airport, and left Kyle with his grandparents. It was one of the smoothest trips that I have ever had. No hassle checking in. Our flight was on time. no wait thru security everything was in our favor. All except our friends that we were meeting being snowed in in Denver.

We get to Vegas, decide we should head over to our hotel to see if we can check in early. Luck was still going our way, they had a room ready. We drop off our bags, and immediately become the biggest tourists. We decide to explore our hotel. It was huge. I am enamored with the lion. Yes a real lion in the hotel. I convince Kris that we should just eat lunch in the hotel. We decided on the rain forest cafe. I love it when the storm erupts. Yes I know I am like a little kids, but I still love it.

After lunch we decide that we should explore some more of the strip. We hop on the monorail, and head north. We decide to go check out the Venetian. It is awesome. I buy myself a foot long strawberry Daiquiri. That's awesome. We decide that we love the open container laws on the strip.

We decide that we should also go on a gondola ride. It looked alot cooler watching the other people on the gondolas than it really turned out to be. But whatever now I can say that we did it. We explored some more of the shops in the Venetian watched a live "show", then decided that it was time to get back to our hotel and relax a little.

We had a great romantic dinner that night at a Chinese restaurant called Pearl, which was located in our hotel. I guess that was about it for day one. I will fill you in on the rest of the trip tomorrow.

1 comment:

Burgh Baby said...

Glad you had a great time, and were able to enjoy the best that Vegas has to offer (aka the open container laws!). ;-)