Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Ball

Last night Kris and I attended yet another army Ball. We seem to be required to attend about 2-3 a year when the guys are not deployed. Dress shopping was horrible for this one. I have never had so little choice when shopping. Yes I know its not really the season for long formal dresses, but I still want more of a selection.

So last night we are running late as usual. I don't know what it is with my husband, but he never sees the value of putting together his army uniform the night before, he always waits until we are already late to start. For some reason he also didn't think that the metals that he was pulling straight out of the packages were shiny enough. He needed to pull out the dremel and shine them up more. Let me tell you that I bet that not one person at that ball noticed how shiny his medals were. Most people I saw were missing things, or you could tell they just really didn't care.

So the reason that I started blogging about the ball is not the men in their uniforms, but the women that the brought as their dates. The invite says formal black tie for those not in the military. So why do some women think its appropriate to come dressed in things that you would where to a club? I am not kidding you. Short barley covering the essentials tight Lycra "dresses" I put dresses in quotations because I am not quite sure that they really qualify. I over heard many conversations on whether or not they were strippers. It wouldn't have shocked me if they were.

So if you are ever invited to attend a military ball please dress appropriately, or I am likely to blog about you too.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

Oh my goodness! I'm totally laughing b/c Brian totally waits until he's getting dressed to get the uniform ready from the last time he wore it... I hear you on this one!!

Is Kris taking command? I noticed something about it in your other post. Congrats to him if he is.