Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Moving

If you don't hear from me much this week, don't be alarmed. We are in the process of moving house. We are still going to be living here on post, but in a brand new bigger house. We are very excited. I put our names on the list 7 months ago, and we got our call about two weeks ago that our house is ready. In the new house we gain an extra bedroom, and a extra garage. Also a ton of storage space. So during the week while Kris is at work, I will be moving the small stuff a trailblazer load at a time. Then on Friday we pick up a uhaul, and move all our furniture.

This morning we discovered that we have a bonus room. We are not sure what we are going to use this room for. Right now the floor in it is sub floor, but I am thinking of going to a carpet store, and seeing if I can buy a remnant for it. Our options for this room are;

1. an office, it has all the hookups that we need in this room.
2. Kris gym, the other choice is in the garage, which is where we currently have it.
3. A guest bedroom, it doesn't have a window, but no one stays very long with us.
4. A play room for Kyle.

Please let me know your opinion on what we could best use this room for.

4 comments:

The Leivas said...

My vote is for the playroom! Then you can keep all of Kyle's toys in one place and you don't have to have them scattered all over the house. Can't wait to read what you decide to do.

Kelli said...

My vote is for a playroom too. That way it will get a lot of use EVERYDAY. It is also nice if someone stops by you can just shut the door. I don't know how big the room is but you could maybe put a computer armoire (with baby locks) in there and have part of it as an office too.

I can't wait to see pics of your new house. I hope the move goes well.

BTW: Our home gym is in the garage too!

KG said...

Good luck!

PS - Playrooms are fantastic.

Carolina Girl said...

Good luck with the move! We're still surrounded by boxes and empty walls. We can't seem to move past this plateau we've reached.

Send pics of the new houses! I'm sure these must be the villages they were working on before we moved. They were just in the bulldozing process back then.