Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crazy Cat Wednesdays

Crazy Cat is missing a toe. A toe you say. Yes a toe. No he wasn't born this way. We had to have it amputated. Why? Well that is where the crazy cat story starts this week.

Right after Kris came back last deployment, we were sharing one car.(we still owned two, but my old car was a piece of S**T and I hadn't kept it up during deployment that it no longer started) I dropped him off at work, and went on to Target. When I got home I could hear crazy cat crying in the garage where my old car was parked. I thought that he just got closed in and opened the door to let him back in the main part of the house.

What I found was not a cat that got trapped in the garage, but one that was hanging from my car. What you say. Yes hanging from my car. From what we can figure happened was that he was sitting on the hood of my car, slipped, and got caught. His toe was stuck between the the front panel and the front passenger door. and he couldn't quite reach the ground from where he was hanging.

I panic. I try to get him free. But no luck. What do I do. He was in such pain he wouldn't let me near him. I call Kris. At work in a meeting. In a frantic state. He can't just come home. I have the car. So I have to go pick him up across post, and bring him back home.

Kris takes a look, and thinks what the F***. He tries to get him loose too. No luck. We then decide that the only way is to bend the car. Yes. Bend the Car. We get out pliers. and start bending the two panels away from the cat. He is screaming. Finally he is free. We all hop in the car drive straight to the vet.

They can't see him straight away, but make him comfortable, and tell us that they will call us after they have taken X-rays. X-rays show that miraculously he hasn't done damage to anything else, just the toe. We have to make a decision. Do we want them to repair the toe, which they are not sure they can do. Or do they amputate it, and he will recover quickly, and live a eight full more lives. I call my Mum and ask her advice (shes a vet also not practicing anymore). She says that we should probably just go ahead and amputate it. So this is what we decide. The vet later said that there was no way that they could have ever saved it. But were amazed that he did no other damage.

So that is why crazy cat no longer has all his toes. And how alot of his craziness started. Hope you all had a great Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anita J. said...

Has your cat been hanging out with my cat? He goes nuts at night. He hasn't tried hanging from the cars, but we have jumped out of bed many times because he has climbed into a basket and fallen from a shelf in it or he has spilled a vase of flowers, knocked over a candlestick, etc. I should keep a list.

Carolina Girl said...

Well, I must admit, I did not know that about Crazy Cat! I can just see you and Kris standing there thinking, what the heck do we do now??

Anita J. said...

Elena there was no rain, no sleet, no hail; but there was a horrible cold, a (very first) ticket, and ...that was all, but it kept me from purchasing your bookmark. Of course I had to go pick one out just for you! Watch for it in the mail in the coming week.