Thursday, September 18, 2008

Keeping In Touch

Sorry I have been out of touch this week. It has been crazy. On Monday I drove 3 1/2 hours into Kansas, dropped off my one and only child with his grandparents, and then drove another 3 1/2 hours home. It was a long day, and I really didn't feel like doing much after. My tail bone hurt like all heck. I broke it during delivery, and anytime I am in the car for long periods of time, something aggravates it.

Tuesday I had a officers spouses luncheon, where we played Bunco. I didn't win a thing. But the odds weren't that great since there were 80 odd of us playing. Then Tuesday night it was girls night out with the wives of my husbands unit. We went to the Melting Pot. I love that place. But I think that it is pretty over priced for food that I end up cooking myself.

Wednesday I got my hair done. I am now a blond again. This took quite a long time. My appointment was at 10am and I didn't leave until after three. I was starving since I hadn't eaten anything all day long. In the afternoon, I started cleaning out the garage. If you have ever seen how much junk we have, you know that this was going to be a long process.

Today I stayed at home. I finally got to chat to my Husband for the first time this week. Before his Internet went out. I finished cleaning out the garage. Well almost. I bought a bike lift, so my bike could be out of the way, and its missing a part, but as soon as that is done, I think that we will be actually be able to park a car in our garage. What a novel idea. This is this first time in almost two years that we will have been able to manage this feat.

Tomorrow, I am going with a friend to get a Mani/Pedi. And maybe catch a movie in the theaters. That's another novel idea. I don't know when the last time I saw a movie was. Sometime last year I bet.

And Saturday it's another long drive into Kansas. To pick up my baby boy. God do I miss him. This is the longest that we have ever been apart. I'm thankful for my in laws to give me a bit of a break. I have managed to get alot accomplished.

I hope you all out there are having a great week. Sorry I have been slacking on the blogging.

4 comments:

April said...

I miss the Army...well, at least the wives part of it. I always enjoyed our coffee, especially the ones at the Melting Pot!!!

Anita J. said...

I can't tell you how inspiring it is to read about you cleaning out your garage! I feel like I just watched Clean Sweep or something.

Anita J. said...

Oops. Didn't mean to post that quick. Where did you learn to play Bunco? Someone tried to explain it to me once, but it sounded so complicated.

I need to hand my kids off and get my hair done. I was supposed to have done that today, but I totally forgot. Maybe I should make a "Copy Elena" list?

You really did get a lot done.

Carolina Girl said...

Okay, I have seen your garage (not at this house though), and I'm very impressed! ha! I bet truly was good and bad to let Kyle go with the grandparents. Great to have time for yourself and sad to be without him. I'm sure the grandp's were so happy to have him stay with them.