Saturday, January 17, 2009

Australian Slang

So I thought that it may be fun to write out a couple things that I may or may not have said when I live in Australia, and see if you can guess what they mean. If you read my blog, and your from Australia I ask that you not participate, so the American have a shot. And it may be funny to see what they come up with. OK here goes.

1. Chook
2.Dag
3.Dingbat
4. the trots
5.Larrikin

I'll check back every now and then. If you haven't gotten them by Monday an noon my time I will post the answers. Have fun.

3 comments:

Anita J. said...

1. Chook? I'm resisting the urge to look it up on the internet. I won't cheat, I promise!
2. A dad who sleeps on the couch a lot?
3. A ditsy person
4. Diarrhea
5. Clueless (I'm clueless)

Carolina Girl said...

I only knew the ones Anita J knew...the trots and dingbat. Maybe dag is like darn it or something??? Interested to hear the results.

Elena said...

ok you got number 3 and 4. Keep guessing.