Friday, January 16, 2009

Planes and Flying.

OK so I can't get off t he topic. But its kinda hard when every time you turn on the TV you hear about the "Miracle on the Hudson". So today's rant isn't about safety. But the person that always get the seat assignment next to me.

I am reminded of this just recently with our trip to Australia. On the way there I had a guy sit next to me that had really bad breath. It was bad when he hopped on and just got worse as the flight went on. And its 14 hours long. He at least was aware of it, cause I saw him break out some mouth wash in the middle of the flight, but I don't think it helped very much.

Then on the way back, I was starting to get excited as when everyone was boarding the seat next to me was still vacant. I was thinking to myself could we be this lucky? Well the answer to that was NO! The last person on the plane. Was the sitting next to me. He was over weight. Didn't speak a whole lot of English. And stunk like BO! When he boarded the flight. I had to Face Kyle the entire flight. This then caused me back problems later on. Every time he moved around the smell would waft my way, and I was disgusted. Not only this but he hogged the shared arm rest. I hate it when people do that.

Once I was seated in the aisle seat. And this woman boarded and had the middle seat. She was really over weight. Asked if I would mind taking the middle seat. Since I am a sucker I said yes. So I moved over so she could sit down. She then lifts the shared arm rest, and sits down. Taking up all of her seat and a few inches of mine. She was big enough to need the seat belt extender. I thought that you had to buy a second seat if you couldn't fit into one. So I thought this will be over soon. It was like a 3 or 4 hour plane trip not horrible. So the drink cart comes down. We get our drinks, I place down my tray, and she places her drink on my tray. WTF? Hello? I am such a wuss I don't say anything. I finish my drink and want to put my tray up, so I can catch some Z's. Her drink still on my tray table. I still couldn't say anything. I think that some people need a lesson in flying etiquette.

So that's no the worst of it. I found myself on a plane sitting next to someone of middle eastern decent. Who also couldn't speak very much English. Who smelt! BAD!!! One of the worst smells that I have ever smelt in my life. So I tried facing politely the other way. But then when the drink service started and I noticed him holding his cup. I noticed his hands. There was something encrusted around the cuticles of his nails. I try to take a closer look. Its BLOOD! WTF? Do people not wash their hands? And why would you have Blood encrusted on in your nails. Very sketchy. I think that was my worst flight ever.

So I have some requests for the next time you fly, just in case you get seated next to me.

1: Please shower.
2: Use deodorant.
3: Brush your teeth.
4: If you can fit into one seat then buy a second.
5. Wash your hands, especially if you have blood on them.

If you don't do these things first I am likely to Blog about you, so the rest of the world will know your dirty little secrets. Thanks for your cooperation.

So is it just me or has something similar happened to you during a flight?

1 comment:

Anita J. said...

YIKES! Smells bother me too, so I am feeling SO sympathetic for you right now. I would have given up my secrets to get out of that 14 hr. one, I think.

bloody fingernails guy sounds scary.

I hate to tell you after that story! I have had great companions when flying. Keith, too. He once sat next to a lady who was in her 80's and had been an Olympic gold medalist. She told him great stories all the way to Arizona. That's the kind of people my hubby meets all the time.