Friday, January 16, 2009

Planes

So by now we have all heard about today's plane crash. And its made me think. Have you noticed a whole lot more plane crashes lately? Or is it just me? I have never really worried about flying before, but today I do. I wonder if the airlines aren't just making budget cuts with the little bags of peanuts. I wonder if they are cutting costs on maintenance. This really concerns me. When I was watching the news coverage of the people climbing out of that plane. I wonder to myself what if that was me. I think I would be freaking out. I am worrying not only about myself, but Kyle too. I think that what freaks me out the most. I am responsible for not only my life but his too. He's not old enough yet to be able to put on that oxygen mask, of the life vest. And do those life vests even fit a 2 year old properly? They used to give me a infant one when I flew with him when he was smaller, but not now. It seems weird to me that he would fit into the same size as I would.

Sorry about my rambling. But I needed to get it off my chest. And since my Hubby isn't home to vent to, you guys get it. I think it may be a while before I fly again. Am I being irrational? Should I have been worried about this sooner? Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Anita J. said...

It is scary. I had a dream last week(while medicated from dental work) that I was on a plane that went down over water. I think watching Coal Miner's daughter (and the medicine) made me dream it, even though Patsy Cline was nowhere in my dream. Anyway, I have never really been afraid of crashing, but that dream was VERY scary.

I would check into the life vest thing before flying again. That would bother me, too. Don't feel bad for talking about it. That's what blog friends are for.

KG said...

I say totally irrational. Because you're so much more likely to die every single time you get in your car than you are when you get in an airplane. Cars are FAR far more dangerous.

Anonymous said...

there actually hasn't been any true plane crashes where people have lost their lives in over 2 years now. the other ones have been sliding off runways, etc. Are you thinking about emergency landings maybe?

Chris R