Thursday, January 29, 2009

Caffeine Free

So I did it. I gave up soda. OK well I am still in my first week, and this time it isn't because I am to lazy to go to the store like it was last time. I am trying to be a little healthier, and I also figure that it will help me shed a few pounds before Las Vegas. Well I guess its working a bit, I have shed two pounds this week. From just giving up soda. I am just hoping that it continues to drop.

A friend of mine and I were talking yesterday. And she said that to lose weight by changing your diet alone, you have to cut out 500 calories a day. I thought to myself, that that it just two cokes (that's what I like to drink). They are 240 per can. so not quite 500 calories, but a step in the right direction.

So my point in telling you all of this, is if you know me in real life, and we are going to be eating out together, make sure I don't order soda please.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I know you in real life, but we aren't going to be going out to dinner together any time soon! :( I miss our Panera days. I won't let you order a soda! :)

Carolina Girl said...

We've recently stopped buying soda for the house too! It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I haven't totally dropped it out of my diet though. I will sometimes still have one when we're out to eat. But, since Boo was born, we don't get out to eat as much as we used to. Kudos to you on moving in the healthier direction!

Anita J. said...

You can do it Elena! I like how you figured how to cut daily habits to get the number of calories. That is so much better than trying to think about the numbers all day long. Keep us posted!

Shirts Plus said...

I know I need to blog more! I am pathetic! I just never think about it. Yours is always good. I hope you keep with the no soda thing. I think I would die. I am down to one a die though. That is pretty good for me. I will work out with you when I get back if you want!!!!! I love to take aerobics classes but I need a buddy!

Cori said...

Good for you!

Are you having caffeine withdrawal headaches? Every time I've tried to give up soda, I get the worse headaches. Ouch!

KG said...

Good luck.

I'm lucky. I've never liked soda. Even when I was a kid. I have no idea why.

Unfortunately, I DO like beer, however ... ;-)