Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Caffeine

So I thought that I would give you all an update on me being caffeine free. I am still drinking any caffeine. Tho I have cheated twice in the past two weeks. But I have noticed some other changes in myself since giving up caffeine. I didn't ever think that it affected me very much. I could drink it in the middle of the night, and go back to sleep. But I have been noticing that I think I am sleeping better. I am able to wake up earlier. I now get up about an hour or two earlier than I used to. Giving me some quite time, before Kyle gets up. I am still losing weight. I have lost about 5 lbs total now. I don't feel as sluggish in the afternoon. I don't want to take a nap anymore. I have started to want to drink just plain water, instead of flavored. And overall I am felling better. Its amazing what just one lifestyle change will do. I never realized just how good my choice was for my whole body.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Good Job! I haven't completely cut out all caffeine but I have cut out a lot. I also have noticed how much easier it is to get up in the morning but I hadn't linked it to less caffeine. But, now that I think about it I bet that is what it is! I am also trying to lose weight but it has been so hard! Keep sharing your success stories it helps keep me motivated.

KG said...

Ugh - going off caffeine for me when I was pregnant was so awful and heinous that I vowed never to become addicted again (at least until I'm finished making babies)! I HATED breaking my caffeine habit. Anyway, good for you!

Carolina Girl said...

Great job! you know, I've also felt the rewards. I used to nap in the afternoons too, and now I can push through and get things done while Grady sleeps. I haven't noticed the weight loss yet. Good