Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This week I think I have been pretty boring, but here goes.

I did not have a strange dream about Alan Alder.

I did not have bad thoughts when a friend told me she had a dream with my husband in it.

I did not have cravings for soda all week long, and almost cave a few times.

I did not take advantage of circuit city closing down, and buy a huge TV, and call it my Hubby's birthday present.

I did not get disappointed when the 2 year old didn't have a long enough attention span to finish our Valentines craft.

And I didn't cave at the check out stand this morning when he wanted chocolate. And was saying "Pleeeease" so nicely.

2 comments:

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

Man, they always get us with the ever so sweet Pleeeasse! don't they?

Anita J. said...

Hi Elena. Thank you so much for checking in on me. I have been feeling like I needed a break. Not for any special reason, until it just hit me like a ton of bricks--today, Tuesday, and Thursday are important anniversaries for me. Thursday will be the one year mark of when my brother went to Heaven. I can't believe it has been a year. I knew it was coming, and somehow I tried to stop watching the calendar. Deep inside my body must have ticked off the days or something.

My heart is breaking. Thankfully, my reaction is to draw closer to my husband and children... but sadly for some reason I pull away from time on the computer, which means I miss out on my online friends in a difficult time. I know I will get through it . . . it means so much to have friends who care. Thank you, Elena.