Monday, February 16, 2009

Homecoming

This morning I went to a homecoming of a friends Husband. I thought that I might show you some video of what I have been telling you about. I am so happy for my friend, and their children. Sitting next to them, watching how excited, but nervous the children were to have their dad finally at home. While we were waiting, one of their daughters, told me they just got their bangs cut. She told me that she hasn't been able to tell their dad yet. And she wasn't sure he would be able to recognize them. This innocent story shows me just how much the children miss their dads, and being able to share everyday things with them. The separation is bad enough on us adults, but I think it affects the children the most. So I am going to ask that you all send out a prayer for the children, whose dads and moms can't be home tonight, because their jobs take them away. Thank you.

I will give you one tip that you should pause the music player first, other wise you will be blasting the same song twice at the same time, and no one wants to hear that.

The count down is on for our own homecoming. Only two weeks to go.

2 comments:

Anita J. said...

OH Elena that was beautiful. I am sitting here crying like a baby. Keith was in the Navy when we first married. I know part of what that feels like...but we never had children. I can't even imagine.

I am so excited for you to see Kris again! Are you subtracting that last day and calling it a 'wake up'? :) Oh, the memories!

Thank you for showing this video, and for telling about the little girl who got her bangs cut. It was moving. I will remember these things in my prayers.

Carolina Girl said...

Totally takes me back. It's amazing how a sound (the songs) and the sight of everyone waiting and then the guys marching in the SEC just takes me back to that exact spot. All of the same emotions just came flooding back. You know, I don't have either of Brian's welcome home ceremonies on video. I didn't really know how to use my camera that well then. I wish I had it on video now.