Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics

So I am addicted as I am each and every time the Olympic roll around. The other day before the Olympics started I was asked by a friend which country am I going to route for. For most people this isn't a hard question. But it really made me think. I couldn't answer it straight away. They wanted to know if I was going to route for Australia, the country that I was born and raised, the country that I am still a citizen of. Would I route for Lithuania. The country that my family immigrated from. Lithuanian was my first language, and growing up I associated my self with a lot of Lithuanians. Or America the country that I now live, and have done so for almost twelve years. Where I now call home. What a conundrum I am in. Can I say all three? That's what I would like to say, but what if they are competing against each other? Then what do I do? So in the swimming events I have been faced by this. I am happy if one of them win. But I find myself routing for the Australians the most. I don't know if this is fair, cause Lithuania has only been in about two of the races that I have seen. I think that I would like them to win something. They are such a small country, and it would mean so much to them. I feel like with America, they win so many medals, if they lost one or two it doesn't really matter. So that's my answer.

But the reason that I decided to do a post about the Olympics is what is with the swimmers swim suits. Have you noticed the really big white patches? It looks like they are tearing out sections of their suits. Is this what it happening? Why would they do this? These are supposed to be the most engineered suits in the would, and they are tearing out parts. It seems really strange to me.

Whatever that's my rant for the day. I hope your all enjoying the Olympics. And that you had a great Margarita Wednesday.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Just popping in here with a comment about the hospital gowns. I was not sure if you checked ilder posts for comments or if you were too busy in the sweat shop. Love the name by the way. I am very interested for a friend. I posted under the sweat shop thread. Please let me know the details of these ingenious spirit lifters!!!!

Carolina Girl said...

We're addicted to the olympics too! It's always to watch the olympics with my Dad. He somehow becomes and expert on all of the events and can tell you all about each sport. It's kind of funny.
I saw a rerun of the Tori and Dean show and saw the hospital gown she had on. Yours looks just like it!! Great job!

Carolina Girl said...

Oh yeah, love the dipee and wipees too!